Our Nurse Navigator program — personalized guidance throughout the cardiac surgery process
Undergoing any major surgical procedure can be a stressful time for both patients and their families. Our Nurse Navigator program gives you personalized, one-on-one guidanc.
Before surgery our Nurse Navigator works with team members to help coordinate and/or oversee:
- All paperwork
- Scheduling of diagnostic studies/surgery
- Patient and family needs with regard to transportation, hotel stays and meals
- Distribution of educational materials and instructions regarding surgery and patient care
During the hospital stay she works with team members to help coordinate and/or oversee:
- Communication with patient and family — preoperatively and during surgery — to keep them up-to-date on the process and patient progress
- Patient visitation
- Patient discharge instructions, including issuing the Discharge DVD and scheduling follow up appointments.
After surgery she works with team members to help coordinate and/or oversee:
- Preparation and distribution of digital copies of patient records
- Communication with patient or family to answer questions and provide solutions
- Scheduling of doctor appointments, if needed
- Fulfillment of forms or letters pertaining to the patient’s disability
For more information, please call 718-226-6210 or email us.